Saturday, January 17, 2015

When you have propagation, anything is possible.

Hello everyone.

After a few computer issues with my PropNET operation, I have been trying some other processes to see how they work on my older XP and Vista laptops and desktops.

I have recently started up on WSPR (Weak Signal Propagation Reporter)


I received this Email today:

Good evening Arthur,

what a pleasure to see that you copied my WSPR beacon!
I am running a very modest WSPR setup on this side:
- Ultimate 2 kit (designed by Hans Summers, G0UPL) 
- with additional GPS receiver and active indoor-antenna
- power output is ca. 200 mW into a 
- horizontal 28 MHz quarterwave on a Bamboo whip out of the kitchen window.
My homepage shows some images:
www.qsl.net/dl2wb
Thank you very much for running your WSPR setup and uploading the spots!
Let me know whether you would like to receive a QSL card that confirms your reception report (paper, PDF or other format).
Best regards from Bavaria,
Tom, DL2WB

200 mW into this antenna!!!!!!!

The 200 mW QRO rig.

The ratios........
Distance               Per Watt 
8921 kilometers   44605 km / 1 watt
5543 miles           22715 mi / 1 watt


All I can say is WOW!!

I captured this transmission with my 27 year old Yaesu FT-747GX fed with RG8X into a 42 year old 3-Element 10 Meter yagi.

Caliche and copper must enhance signals here.... hi  hi

73
Art Jackson
KA5DWI/7

No comments:

Post a Comment